By: Karen Wheeler-Lockwood / email@example.com
The Finger Lakes Lavender Festival committee is honored to announce a beautiful new painting by a local artist, Kathleen Schneider, from Camillus, NY as the official 2011 Finger Lakes Lavender Festival artwork.
The festival will showcase the art on this year’s poster, t-shirts and other promotional materials. The proceeds from the sale of the poster during the festival will be donated to the Skaneateles Area Art Council.
Kathleen Schneider is a self-taught artist. She has relied on her own natural artistic instincts as well as studying with fellow artists. While raising a family, Kathleen added watercolor to her pencil, pen, ink, and acrylic disciplines and it quickly became her medium of choice.
As with all of her artwork she enjoys the process as much as the finished product and finds it rewarding when someone is drawn to her work. Kathleen’s paintings have been widely collected and can be viewed at Gallery 54 in Skaneateles, New York. You will also find her as one of the art vendors at this year’s festival held July 9th and 10th.
The painting will also be featured in Plank Road Magazine, a new magazine due out in May and the co-sponsor of this year’s lavender festival.
- 6/10/2013 • Theater Weekend Held at Adirondack Great Camp
- 6/09/2013 • Skaneateles Hosts Antique and Classic Boat Show
- 6/08/2013 • Baltimore Woods Announces Programs for June 2013
- 6/07/2013 • Imagine Presents ‘Saturation of Color’
- 6/06/2013 • 2nd Annual CNY World Wide Knit in Public Day (WWKIP) is June 15th, 2013